The SR 167 Completion Project team is kicking off 2019 with lots of activities. Some of the key highlights include:
- Conducting an online open house (https://sr167openhouse.org) as part of our National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) re-evaluation that analyzes whether there are any new potentially significant adverse environmental effects of the SR 167 Completion Project – Phase 1 Improvements. The online open house will provide information about the re-evaluation and an opportunity to provide comments on the findings. The online open house will be open for comments from Jan. 14 to Feb. 13.
- Holding an access hearing. The access hearing will provide property owners next to the proposed SR 167 alignment the opportunity to comment on how the project will affect the access to their property once the project is complete. The hearing will be held on March 14 at Puyallup City Hall at 6 p.m.
- Evaluating contractor qualifications. Contractors will be submitting their qualifications to build the SR 167/70th Avenue E. Bridge Vicinity Replacement Project over I-5 in late January. We expect to select a contractor in June and begin construction in the fall.
- Stockpiling surplus clean fill dirt. We continue to stockpile clean fill dirt for future use on the SR 167 Project. The fill dirt is being stockpiled on WSDOT right of way near the Puyallup Recreation Center. This and future deliveries of approved fill dirt will help reduce project costs.
- Continuing real estate acquisitions. We have now acquired more than 80 percent of the needed right of way land for the planned improvements. If you have specific questions about property to be purchased for the SR 167 Completion Project, please contact Allen Partin, the project real estate manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 357-2718.
Contact HoffmaC@consultant.wsdot.wa.gov for more information.