The City’s Events and Recognitions Committee is looking for nominations of local volunteers across the spectrum of categories from all over the City of Tacoma. To qualify for a City of Destiny Award, your nominee (individual or group) must meet the following eligibility standards in the volunteer categories:
- commit their time and energy, without financial compensation for their work;
- within Tacoma’s city limits;
- within the past 12 months in the projects described for Leadership and Group categories;
- in a different category if they have previously received a City of Destiny award, or in the same category seven years after receiving a City of Destiny award.
To qualify for the Disability Advocate award as a volunteer or a professional, your nominee must:
- be an individual, a professional or a business (may be compensated for their work);
- effectively initiate, establish or support services or programs for people with disabilities;
- represent sustained positive impact on the quality of life for people with disabilities in the City of Tacoma.
The 34th Annual City of Destiny Awards Ceremony will be on May 28. Apply now. The nomination deadline is Feb. 7.
Learn more at https://cityoftacoma.org.