- This event has passed.
The Overwhelm of Boys
March 29 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pmFREE
Watch the trailer: vimeo.com
This presentation – designed for teachers, therapists, mothers, fathers, daughters and sons – presents and explores a number of subjects related to roles and role modeling for boys. From the early years through to the later teen stages, we look at expressions of male roles – from hunter gatherer, to farmer provider, then on to explorer, athlete, conqueror, navigator and, finally, the revolutionary teenage warrior. Throughout the presentation, we keep in mind several key themes:
* Helping our boys know where healthy assertion ends and aggression begin;
* Boys and work. Helping boys “make their mark”;
* What boys need in their environment as they grow;
* Fathers and boys. Rethinking traditional roles are they role models or real models?;
* The myth of quality time;
* Helping boys respect girls and women;
* Honoring boy’s feelings as well as actions;
* Helping boys talk about problems;
* The Warrior phases – what are they and how to meet them?