- This event has passed.
Tacoma Vis Analytics Meetup – Cannabis and Homelessness Data Visualization
January 3, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pmFree
This will be a great event, invite a friend!
5:00 – 6:00pm Networking for friends, internships, jobs, help, hiring, tips, tricks
6:00 – 6:20pm Opening Member Survey; Opening Remarks; Visualization of our own Group Profile from Real Time Survey
6:20 to 7:00 – “Dope Data” – Expert Data Visualization of the $1B Washington Cannabis Industry.Presented by Dr. Jim MacRae, President, Straight Line Analytics Inc. Since 2014, Dr. MacRae has been using LCB-supplied data merged with his proprietary compilations of industry-related information to produce analytic summaries, innovative metrics and numerous insights for the Washington State-legal Cannabis Industry and interested regulators, operators, investors, consumers, patients and observers. A fun presentation of data driven answers, insights and predictions:
• – Where’s the dope – geo spatial analytics of the industry
• – Cocktails or Joints – evolving trends in holiday consumption- Insights to how the industry is performing today
• – Prediction how the cannabis industry will likely perform in the future
• – Audience participation – ask about: business segmentations, market development, business performance assessments, local Cannabis testing laboratories, valuation methods, location analytics, competitive analyses, more.
7:00 to 7:40 Local Homelessness & Solution Data Visualization.Presented by our own Gerrit F. Nyland, Director of Client Information Systems, Catholic Community Services of Western Washington. http://ccsww.org/get-help/housing
• – Overview: homeless services, homelessness data,
• – Focus: audiences, challenges presenting data to them, examples
• – Demo of my data tools and some data transformations I have to do
• – Audience Participation: add your 2 cents to improve our local community data stories to help solve homelessness in our community
7:40 – 8:00 Discussion for the Good of the Order
Register now! Invite a friend!