Modern Womxn Art Exhibition + Women in Business Workshop
May 19 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Please join Handmade PNW for a unique art show that tackles the modern experience of being a womxn. Featuring 17 local womxn artists, the Modern Womxn Exhibition will be viewable to the public for free during opening hours at Alma Mater.
There will also be an artists reception and community party on May 7 from 6-9 p.m. at Honey (free with registration: https://www.
eventbrite.com/e/artist- reception-for-modern-womxn- art-show-tickets-55054259773)
Along with the show, Handmade PNW and Allison Bishins Consulting will be leading a workshop, Modern Womxn: @ Work. Speakers include:
– T’wina Nobels, Tacoma Urban League and Ladies First: Boundaries Lead to Better Outcomes
– Krista Perez, Tacoma Women of Color Collective: Imposter Syndrome and Self Care in the Workplace
– Renee Simms, Associate Professor, African American Studies, UPS: “Me, Too” at Work
– Bre Johnson + Tara Newton of the Rainbow Center: Rainbows & Unicorns: LGBTQ inclusion in the workplace
– Kristy Fassio, Redhead Bopo Inspiration: Body Liberation