The anticipated event-related road closures are expected around Tacoma through Sunday, Sept. 9:
- On Friday, Aug. 31, the Hilltop Urban Gardens Black Party block party event will close South 23rd Street from South Sheridan Avenue to South M Street from 2 – 9 p.m.
- On Monday, Sept. 3, a private block party event will close the alley between North 24th and North 22nd streets from North Proctor to North Adams streets from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- On Wednesday, Sept. 5, a private block party event will close North 29th Street from North Lawrence to North Alder streets from 4 – 10:30 p.m.
- On Saturday, Sept. 8, the Hilltop Pop-Up Market event will close South 10th Street from Martin Luther King Jr. Way to an alley east of South L Street, and South L Street from South 10th to South 9th streets from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- On Saturday, Sept. 8, the 350 Tacoma Rally and March will involve police-escorted, rolling closures on Pacific Avenue, South 11th Street, continuing on to the Murray Morgan Bridge, East 11th Street, St. Paul Avenue, East 15th , and East J streets from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- On Sunday, Sept. 9, the Downtown to Defiance event will close the northwest bound lanes of Ruston Way starting at North 49th Street and extending through Schuster Parkway and Dock Street to East 15th Street from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The Broadway Farmers Market closes Broadway from South 9th to South 11th streets every Thursday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Proctor Farmers Market closes North 27th from North Proctor to North Madison streets every Saturday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Closures may change as a result of weather, event alterations and other unexpected circumstances. For more information on Pierce Transit bus routes affected by event road closures, visit piercetransit.org.
To get event-related road closure updates, visit cityoftacoma.org/EventRoadClosures and use the “Click to subscribe” link. More information about the City’s progress toward its Tacoma2025 goals is available on the Results253 page at data.cityoftacoma.org.