The Teen Library Corps is open to teens, ages 14-18, and is available at nine Pierce County Library locations. Students will volunteer at a participating library from June 23 to Sept. 2. Through volunteering, students gain valuable skills and experience that will reflect well on a college application and resume.
“The Teen Library Corps is a huge opportunity for teenagers in building valuable leadership experience,” said Pierce County Library Executive Director Georgia Lomax. “It will also benefit our communities, because the teenagers will give us their ideas and opinions for programs and services they think will help best serve teenagers and families.”
Teen Library Corps volunteer opportunities will be at the following libraries:
- Gig Harbor Pierce County Library, 4424 Point Fosdick Dr. NW
- Lakewood Pierce County Library, 6300 Wildaire Rd. SW
- Milton/Edgewood Pierce County Library, 900 Meridian E., Suite 29, Milton
- Parkland/Spanaway Pierce County Library, 13718 Pacific Ave. S., Tacoma
- South Hill Pierce County Library, 15420 Meridian E., Puyallup
- Steilacoom Pierce County Library, 2950 Steilacoom Blvd.
- Summit Pierce County Library, 5107 112th St. E., Tacoma
- Sumner Pierce County Library, 1116 Fryar Ave.
- University Place Pierce County Library, 3609 Market Place W., Suite 100
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application and apply today! Priority application deadline is June 15. For more information about volunteer opportunities at the library, visit volunteer.pcls.us.