Contractor crews working for the Washington State Department of Transportation on the I-5 M Street to Portland Avenue HOV project will close multiple ramps during overnight hours this week for guardrail installation, barrier replacement and erosion control.
The closures are additions to previously announced lane and ramp closures for this week.
Tuesday, Dec. 12
- East 38th Street on-ramp to northbound State Route 7 will close from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Wednesday.
- Southbound Interstate 705 ramp to northbound I-5 will close from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. Wednesday.
- A Street on-ramp to northbound I-5 will close from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. Wednesday.
Wednesday, Dec. 13
- Southbound I-705 ramp to southbound I-5 will close from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Thursday.
Thursday, Dec. 14
- Southbound I-705 ramp to southbound I-5 will close from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. Friday.
- Northbound SR 7 ramp to northbound I-705 will close from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. Friday.
Drivers are encouraged to plan for extra travel time and be familiar with alternate routes. Signed detours are in place for all overnight ramp closures.
Hyperlinks within the release:
- I-5 M Street to Portland Avenue HOV project: www.wsdot.wa.gov/Projects/I5/MStToPortland/
- Previously announced lane and ramp closures on TacomaTraffic.com: www.wsdot.wa.gov/Construction/PugetSound/tacoma.htm
WSDOT keeps people, businesses and the economy moving by operating and improving the state’s transportation systems. To learn more, go to www.wsdot.wa.gov/news. Real-time traffic information is available at wsdot.com/traffic or by dialing 511.