Contractor crews working for the Washington State Department of Transportation on the I-5 Portland Avenue to Port of Tacoma Road – Northbound HOV project will close the southbound Interstate 5 exit to Portland Avenue and State Route 167 (#135), two intersections and a section of East 27th Street this weekend for paving and striping activities.
From 8 p.m. Saturday, June 23 to 4 a.m. Monday, June 25, the following closures will be in place:
- Southbound I-5 exit #135 to Portland Avenue and SR 167
- East 26th and East Bay Street intersection
- East 27th Street from Bay Street to Portland Avenue
- East 27th Street and Portland Avenue intersection
- Portland Avenue on-ramp to southbound I-5
The around-the-clock closures will allow crews to finish rebuilding the intersections. The work is weather dependent. During the closures, travelers will follow signed detours. Pedestrian access on 27th Street will be limited since the crosswalks will be affected during the work.
For regularly updated information for these projects, visit the Tacomatraffic.com web page. Real-time traveler information is available from the WSDOT app and by following the WSDOT regional Twitter feed.