Founded in 1996 by Tufts University Music Director Deke Sharon and Adam Farb of Brown University, the annual ICCA tournament runs from January through April in eight regions of North American, plus the United Kingdom. The ICCA has been presented by Varsity Vocals, an organization that is devoted to high school and college a cappella groups, since 1999.
College a cappella groups from North America and the United Kingdom compete in a series of competitions and a champion group is crowned in the spring. Groups are ranked on both their vocal and visual performance (though the vocal component outweighs the visual presentation).
The ICCA West Quarterfinals will take place at the Rialto Theater (310 S. 9th St., Tacoma) on Saturday, Feb. 10 at 7 p.m.
- Eh? Cappella, of University of British Columbia
- HERmonic Acappella, of Pacific Lutheran University
- Major Treble (Women’s a capella ensemble), of Western Washington University
- PLUtonic Acappella, of Pacific Lutheran University
- Rebel Clef, of Western Washington University
- MSU Rhapsody, of Montana State University
- The Fantastic Beats, of University of British Columbia
- Trebled Acaholics, of University of British Columbia, Okanagan
- Underground Sound A Cappella, of University of Puget Sound